The Steel Institute of New York
The Steel Institute of New York is a not-for-profit association created in 1972 to advance the interests of the steel construction industry. In this regard, the Institute sponsors programs to aid developers, architects, engineers and construction managers in using structural steel for buildings and structures. The geographical area served by the Institute encompasses the City of New York and the adjacent counties of Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester.
Programs in which the Institute is engaged include:
- Consultations on the design and selection of structural steel systems for optimal performance
- Seminars covering issues important to the structural industry addressed to developers, architects, engineers, construction managers, detailers and fabricators
- Representation before government bodies and agencies in matters of laws, codes and regulations which affect the industry and the encouragement of programs that will expand the volume of building construction in the area
- Granting of subsidies to architecture and engineering schools; funding of research programs related to the advancement and growth of the industry
- Publication of Metals in Construction, a biannual magazine dedicated to showcasing building projects in the New York area that feature innovative use of steel. Institute staff are available to provide consulting services and information regarding the use of structural steel in your project by contacting The Steel Institute of New York offices at 211 East 43rd Street, Suite 804, New York, NY 10017. The Institute is a registered provider of the American Institute of Architects Continuing Education System (AIA/CES). The contact person is Gary Higbee AIA, director of industry development: firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Trustees
Keystone Management Associates, LLC
Tutor Perini Corporation
New Rochelle, NY
SRI Consultants LLC
Kiewit Infrastructure Group
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Skanska Koch, Inc.
Northeast Structural Steel Inc.
Mt. Vernon, NY
Metropolitan Walters, LLC
New York, NY
Executive Director and General Counsel
Director of Industry Development