Date:Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Location: Scala Academy Room/Leo Engineering, Manhattan College
Sponsored By: Manhattan College
A half-day seminar focusing on how innovation in transportation and infrastructure design can help us deliver better, more efficient and more economical projects. The seminar will address, but not be limited to these topics:
• Do we train young engineers to be innovative and to maintain and further develop innovative engineering solutions?
• What must the Educational institution and hiring firms and agencies do to encourage and embrace innovation?
• How do we persuade government agencies to embrace innovative engineering solutions in design, construction and finance?
• What are the regulatory obstacles preventing (or limiting) government’s clients from embracing innovative engineering solutions?
• What is the impact of the innovation in design, construction and finance on the life cycle of the project and the economical benefits?